Big Pitch 2011
An innovative approach to encouraging Further Education students, in the Valleys, to generate ideas for the Rock UK outdoor activity centre, near Trelewis and how to market the enhanced offers. Came in the top three of the ‘Quality Partnerships’ category of the 2012 Colleges Wales Awards.
- 265 students (double 2010) enhanced their employability and enterprise skills
- Coleg Gwent, Coleg Morgannwg, Merthyr Tydfil College and The College Ystrad Mynach participated along with guest speaker and head judge Ruth Badger (BBC The Apprentice finalist)
- Rock UK obtained 26 ideas and have begun to implement two: reviewing the addition of the John Muir Award (to discover, explore and conserve the outdoors) to their offers and a promotional video produced by the Merthyr Tydfil College students
- Over £13000 worth of ‘free’ PR generated ( return on PR investment of 1.26)
- Sponsors included: Capita Symonds, Equinox Communications, Rhymney Brewery, UHOVI, WECAN and Welsh Government. Patron: Nick Hewer (BBC’s The Apprentice fame)
For more information: click here to download case study and video links.