Maesteg Community Produce Project
A food growing area, supported by a low impact drainage system using natural features, has been created to support the curriculum, school kitchen and engage the community.
- Food growing area created with 26 tons of top soil and polytunnels
- Initial horticultural workshops run with students, parents and Caerau Market Garden
- Plan to deliver related educational activities to 200 Year 8 pupils and link food growing to six local businesses and allotment owners
- Timber-framed outdoor learning area built and sponsored by Western Log Group
- Partnership between Maesteg School, Bridgend County Borough Council, WECAN, Welsh Government and Caerau Market Garden.
For more information: Contact Mark Jones (Operational Manager, Maesteg Comprehensive School) on 01656 815 950