Cognation Mountain Biking Donations NeededDecember 08th 2021
Mountain biking has been a key tourism product in the Valleys for over 10 years and attracts thousands of visitors every year. Trail centres have been developed at Afan Forest Park, Cwmcarn, Margam Park and Gethin Woods that are providing visitors with world class mountain bike trails and facilities.
Cognation Ltd., a social enterprise, was formed in 2010 to make this investment more sustainable and benefit the wider community. As a result businesses and the public are being encouraged to donate their time or money (see http://bit.ly/134qWBJ).
Cognation Ltd has the following primary objectives:
- Creating new sources of revenue to sustain the mountain bike trails of South Wales (in current Cognation area)
- Creating a wider community of individuals, businesses and organisations who have a sense of ownership of the future management of the trails
- To widen the socio- economic benefit of the mountain bike trails in the local communities by using them to create learning and participation opportunities
- To widen the environmental benefits of mountain bike trails by contributing to conservation in the forest parks close to mountain bike trails
- If sufficient income is generated to sustain the mountain bike trails in the future, to use any surplus income generated to invest in wider tourism development and community regeneration activities that complement the mountain bike product.
- To undertake wider tourism development and community regeneration activities as and when they arise if they complement the above and are deemed appropriate by the directors of the company.
For more information contact: Lisa Jenkins (Cognation Project Manager) on 01639 686 044.